Here are 11 stories on Dentsply Sirona, SmileDirectClub, Candid and more that Becker's has reported on since May 3:
1. Dental technology company Overjet received FDA 510(k) clearance for its artificial intelligence-powered cavity detection and outlining software, Caries Assist.
2. The state of Maine launched a virtual dental service program to increase access to dental care for children.
3. Tend, a dental startup, will offer clear aligner therapy across its 21 locations.
4. Overjet was the only dental company named on Forbes' "AI 50 2022" list.
5. SmileDirectClub saw a 20.1 percent increase in revenue during the first quarter of 2022.
6. SmileDirectClub added a wireless teeth-whitening kit to its product portfolio.
7. Enable Dental, an at-home dental service company, acquired Healier, a care coordination platform.
8. SmileDirectClub was given the Best Telehealth Platform award by MedTech Breakthrough, an independent market intelligence organization.
9. The TeleDentists, a network of dentists offering teledentistry services, launched the first integrated dental-medical platform.
10. Dentsply Sirona is launching a cloud-based digital dentistry platform in collaboration with Google Cloud.
11. Candid is partnering with Kalli Hale, DDS, to expand use of its clear aligners in conjunction with airway treatment.
Latest articles on ai and teledentistry: